Thursday, March 19, 2015

More StreetArt In Iasi

Dear friends,

Here I am, back with another post with pictures from Iasi - Romania. During my trip/vacation back home, I had the chance to pick up along the way a few photos of artistic/funny/weird things I have encountered on the street. You have probably seen my post on StreetArt And Other Odd Things - Iasi but here is part 2 ;)
This poster with the Dark Side - you can recognise there Darth Vader from the famous Star Wars, and if you have no clue what that is, you should be ashamed! - I found on Lapusneanu street, next to the coffee shop named Lapusneanu -yes, just like the street! Unfortunately it was after a fence, in a weird position, so this was the best shot I could take... The Keep Calm and Kill The Wall was weirdly placed next to an abstract kinda traditional marking and the picture of Hitler having his brains shot off... with the text Follow Your Leader... quite ironic and I loved how all of them were placed together!
This one reminded me of my childhood... when I used to watch with my sister Cartoon Network and fight over which Powerpuff Girl we are. I wanted to be Blossom and/or Bubbles, even though I loved that Buttercup was all green and fiesty! Again... if you have no ideea of whom I am talking of, probably I am way too old or you are way too young. Either way the truth is that this cartoon helped me learn English ;)
I do not get this sign and I found it all over town... I find it quite interesting but I cannot agree that the soul can be recycled... Are they maybe reffering to Nirvana or something similar? Or are they reffering to that fact that one can change during the course of ones life? What do you think the artist meant for us to believe?
The first one made me think or stories for children and the second one made me think of Banksy ;)))
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. Its people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.”
Banksy, Wall and Piece
If you check my other post you will see the same print but another helmet ;)
And here is the main piece of the day: a fully painted wall :) that looked quite psychedelic. Donty you think so? I could not figure out where it started and where it ended and what was the story but you could see it miles away and it was truly attractive to watch. Weird and twisted and sad at the same time... Just like a piece of jazz in a way...
“Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it.”
Banksy, Wall and Piece

“Graffiti is one of the few tools you have if you have almost nothing. And even if you dont come up with a picture to cure world poverty you can make someone smile while theyre having a piss.”
Banksy, Banging Your Head Against a Brick Wall
“Imagine a city where graffiti wasnt illegal, a city where everybody could draw whatever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases. Where standing at a bus stop was never boring. A city that felt like a party where everyone was invited, not just the estate agents and barons of big business. Imagine a city like that and stop leaning against the wall - its wet.”
Banksy, Wall and Piece

Yours truly,
A LadyBug In Love With StreetArt